Background

February 12, 2015

Fifty Shades of Gray or Grey

Do I have any intention of seeing, let alone reading Fifty Shades of Gray?  No, I don't.  It is not really. . . my cup of tea.  If you want to see or read it, more power to you.  What is my "cup of tea," is the plethora of gray manicures that have become popular due to its eminent cinematic release (Now there is 100 dollar phrase if I ever saw one).  I saw one released by OPI (Which I now can't find), and I thought, hey I could take that up a notch.


Since I don't have the original design you can't see how took it up a notch, but trust me I  did.  The original design had all solid colors, but for my design I used Betina B-07 to get the heart design.


I don't own the OPI colors, so I made use of what I had.  The colors are, in no particular oder, Julep Braiden, Sally Hansen Big Smoky Top Coat, Konad Special Black, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, Elephant Walk, Merry Berry, and Pelican Gray.


Julep Braiden is a matte texture polish, but it doesn't soak up top coat like other texture polishes do, so when I put a top coat on it the cool difference between it and the shiny red heart was no longer apparent, so I used Essise Matte About You to make it matte again and then put top coat only on the heart.

I hope you like my Fifty Shades of Gray manicure.  It is simple, but I love it anyways.

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment