Background

July 28, 2014

Help Me Make The Music of The Night

This is another one of those sadder posts.  They don't happen too often on this blog, but life is bound to happen and what does art reflect?  Well, on June 24th my mentor and dear friend passed away.  She meant so much to me and helped shape who I am today.  Elizabeth Bossard, or as her friends called her, Boss, is a woman like no other.  She was my voice teacher in college and I am one of thousands she influenced.  She was a loud boisterous woman who's infectious love of life touched those around her.  She helped me find my voice.  I was shy and unsure of my vocal talent and she helped me be confident and know that music is not about singing pretty, but about touching those who you perform for.  I love her dearly and can't wait to hear her sing my name again.


So what does one do when they are unsure of how to honor her, create a manicure for her.  I did this a couple of days after she passed away from a heart attack, is just took me a while to post.


Boss is a classy lady and she loves some sparkle.  I also associate the color red with her so the color scheme was not hard to choose, neither was the stamping plate Konad M73.


So the polishes I used were Konad Special Black, Julep Ruby Slippers and Sally Hansen Big Smoky Top Coat.  I love the concept of BSTC, however it is a bit difficult to work with.  It is hard to get the sheerness level the same on each nail.  I know this is meant to go over polish and I probably should try that, I just love black on black so much.



I hope you like the manicure and I wanted to tell you all to never stop singing.

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment