Background

May 9, 2013

Pretty little penguins

I believe I mentioned I moved.  Well, in moving I have acquired an extension to my family.  There are two girls and a boy who run around this house we call home.  For the sake of privacy we shall call one of the girls Sue.  Sue has some trouble at school and her Mom asked me to paint her nails as a reward if Sue had a good week.  This is the second time I have done this and they turned out so cute I had to share.

Doing nail art on a four year old is no easy task.  Not only do they squirm, but their nails are so tiny that getting an image on them is intense.  So when she asked for penguins I was a little concerned.  Different ways to approach this ran through my head and then I remembered the cute little penguin on the Cheeky Plate CH43.


The idea of stamping on a four year old seemed harrowing so I made my own nail stickers using the method from Gnarly Gnails.  Preparing them made things easier, but there were still mess ups, one tore a little, but she didn't mind.  Sue didn't mind the smudges either.  What can I say, I am still learning.


So I used China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-le (the base color), Life Preserver (the beak), Recycle (the wings), Konad Special Black, Wet n' Wild French White Cremè.


Her thumbs.  The one on the right in the perfect penguin.


She looks so cute with her nails done.


I also did her toes in China Glaze Textured Itty, Bitty, Gritty.  She went around saying her toes were bumpy.

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment