Background

July 7, 2013

And I am a Material Girl!

Today's prompt for Sunday Stamping is your birthstone.  I was born in the illustrious month of April and have always disparaged that my birthstone is a diamond.  I know, it is not natural for a member of the female sex to not adore diamonds.  I have always loved emeralds and felt that I was born in the wrong month.  The biggest problem was trying to figure out how to come up with a stamp that had anything to do with diamonds.  I have a decent collection of stamping plates, but when I wen through them I felt like I had nothing.  Then I tried to think outside the box and Marilyn Monroe popped into my head.  You know, diamonds are a girl's best friend.


So I tried to base my manicure on the iconic number by Marilyn Monroe from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.  This famous scene has been done by so many others; Glee, Moulin Rouge, Burlesque, and Gossip Girl to name a small few.  Even Madonna was inspired by her when she created her video for Material Girl.  I went through my stamps again and came up with this.


I used Gals plate GA30.  When I looked the image on the plate I thought it look delicate and frilly, but it stamped more like a tattoo. . .  Oh well.  I also wish I had crystals for my other nails, but we shall just call them black diamonds.  The polishes are China Glaze United and Konad Special Black.


I love the way United sparkles.  It is so pretty in the sun.  You can really see the color facets of light and dark pink as well as gold.


My thumb.


So this was not quite what others had in mind, I am sure, but it was inspired by diamonds.  I just added some iconic flair!

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment