Background

January 26, 2013

Sunday Stamping: Tape and Stamp

So I joined a new group on face book Adventures in Stamping.  So, every Sunday I will be posting a stamp manicure with a theme that comes from them.  I am really excited about this.  I figure it will help me improve in mt stamping abilities and use it in more imaginative ways.

So today's theme is tape and stamping.  I had a really hard time figuring out what to do for this and while I was driving home one day this week I remembered the show Clarissa Explains It All.  Clarissa's room in the show had floral wallpaper that she painted black square over.


So I used her wall for inspiration.


I used all China Glaze polishes.  The base color is Secret Periwinkle.  When I first put it on it was a beautiful blue, but with Wicked Style stamped over the top it brought out the purple tones.  Then I taped off the accent nail and painted it in Liquid Leather.  This is only the second time I have used striping tape, but I love using is it.  It is so much easier to use than scotch tape and building it up for thicker lines, what I did here, is relatively easy.


The stamp is Bundle Monster BM-306WS probably isn't the best stamping polish, but I don't think it was too bad.



I know it doesn't look exactly like Clarrisa's wallpaper, but I had just gotten SP and wanted to try it.

Well, I hope you like it.  If you have any improvement ideas, let me know.  If you have a moment, check out the other group member's manicures, they are amazing!

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment