Background

February 4, 2013

Stamping an Enigma

Today Sunday Stamping was a bit hard.  We were supposed to use our occupation as an inspiration.  The problem is that I paint my nails to distract me from work. . .  Maybe I should start by saying what it is I do.  I am a paraprofessional in a classroom for emotionally disturbed children.  It is a rather stressful job that entails a lot of different asspects. I serve the children as a teacher, counselor, friend, and authority figure.  I honestly didn't know what to put on my nails.  I didn't want to do school type things, paper or pencils, but I had no other ideas.  So I went with the abstract.  You see, working with these kids is rather unpredictable.  It is kind of like playing chess, but with half the board covered.  Hence, my nails. . .


I used OPI Thanks So Muchness and then the stamp and sponging was done in China Glaze Liquid Leather.  The stamp was GALS plate GA2.


Even with the meaning being rather. . . a stretch. . . I still think it came out looking quite striking.


A bit of my thumb.

Well, until next time!

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment