Background

October 7, 2014

52 Week Challenge: 3 color Gradient

I was going to use a design from the vault for this, but decide I wanted to do something new.  I had an idea in my head and wanted to see if I could execute it.  I know for Halloween time and being a three color gradient this isn't that original, but I still wanted to do.  I mean it is candy corn, what is more Halloween than that?


While trying to find the right polishes for this design I found I don't have a lot of orange polishes.  It is not that I don't like orange, I just don't seem to have a lot of them.  My favorite orange polish, Orly Crush On You, is a jelly. . . but it was the only "true orange" without any shimmer I own.  I need to fix that.  So started sponging the colors over white, but that was just a disaster!  So I removed everything and started again with COY as the base color and that worked much better!


The other colors are Nina Ultra Pro French WhiteSally Hansen Insta-Dry Butter-fly Stroke, and China Glaze Glitter Goblin.


I wasn't sure how I felt about the manicure until I put GG over everything as I had intended.  It seemed to soften the gradient and make it much more wearable.


I really like this design.  Of course the pictures don't do it justice, because it doesn't capture the sparklyness of GG.  I hope you like it anyways!  Don't forget to check out the other participants!

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment