Background

September 29, 2012

Let Halloween begin!

My favorite holiday is not Christmas or Easter, but Halloween.  I love all the costumes and the dark and creepy things.  I need a little fun in my life, who doesn't.  Now I know I am jumping the gun, so to speak.  But October starts on Monday and there are so many amazing Halloween-esque manicures out there.  What can I say, I couldn't help myself.  I saw this design on Chalkboard Nails a few weeks ago and have been biding time till I could do it.  I gave in.  The colors I had that were the same I used and substituted those I didn't with ones I already had in my stash.  I started off with this gorgeous color, China Glaze Sugar Plums.  I know it was not hers, but it looks similar and it is amazing!  This picture doesn't do it justice.


Pretty, right?  Chalkboard nails said to use a red jelly for the bloodshot lines, but I don't have one so I mixed Sally Hansen Cardinal with Cover Girl Continuous Color Clear to try and make it more sheer.  I don't think I mixed enough in, but that is okay.



So the other colors I used were China Glaze White on White, Liquid Leather, Sephora by OPI Read My Palm, Essie Mezmerised, and China Glaze Street Chic.



There are a bit off snafus, but I am still really pleased with it.  My biggest issue was that I put the top coat on a little too early on my ring finger and it smeared a bit.  I need to be more patient.



 It does look rather fun though, doesn't it?  Yeah for all things creepy!


Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment