Background

December 5, 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Holiday Song

Today's theme was Holiday Song.  Originally I thought of Silver Bells, but then Little Town of Bethlehem came to mind and I did some image searches and found this.



There are a lot of city scape nail designs out there and I decided to try my hand at them and use it as a way to suggest Bethlehem.


I know this looks messy, but the problem is I should not have used China Glaze Hanging In The Balance.  I love the color, but it stains something fierce.  Well, if you've done a gradient before, you know it gets rather messy.  I used nails polish remover, I scrubbed, I slept with lotion and gloves, I scrubbed some more, and used more nail polish remover.  Yeah, I cleaned it up as best as I could without taking it off completely.  So then lesson for you is, only use this color in controlled, small amounts.


I also used China Glaze Spontaneous, White-On-White, Fairy Dust, Happy Go Lucky, and Liquid Leather.  Then the star is some loose glitter I bought on ebay.


I hope you can see the starlight shinning down.  I think the star and its light are my favorite part.


Check out the other participants if you have a chance they are some amazing artists.

Tootles!
Fitz

28 comments:

  1. Very original, I especially love the star and the light too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I am glad you like my favorite part!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love gradients too. They are easy and give a great effect. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great job! It may have been messy, but it was worth it. I love the gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, sometimes a little mess is worth it. I am sure if I had them on for another day they would gotten completely clean.

      Delete
  4. These are adorable! You did an awesome job, even if clean up was a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pain, no gain, right? Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty manicure to go with a beautiful song :)
    Oh, and could you disable the captcha settings? It may stop many from commenting on your posts. Anyway, most blog platforms have wonderful security features of their own. Unless you are spammed frequently, you really don't need this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I really didn't realize they were on. They drive me crazy on other people's blogs so I am sorry they are on mine.

      Delete
  6. Oh, this is really gorgeous! Wonderful song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...so cuuteee!!! I love it! Love the color and the design. Perfect holiday season mani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, love it! x x x

    ReplyDelete