Background

December 6, 2012

31 Nail Art Challenge Take Two Day 6: Animal

I have always loved dophins, and most people get that.  They can understand why I find them incredible.  With their beauty, intelligence, and power it is not hard to find them appealing.  My other favorite animal however, people usually are a bit more perplexed by.  Manatees are gentle and sweet.  They choose to live in two worlds, salt water and fresh water.  They are also very intelligent.  On a whole they are solitary creatures except when mating or when the mother cares for her calf.  

Momma and baby Manatee

Manatee

I can't say which I like more manatees or dolphins.  I have a dolphin on another manicure later this month and I thought I should do both of my favorites.  I looked to see if anyone else had attempted a manatee manicure, but I didn't find any, so this is completely my own.  I hope you like it and that you can tell what it is.

Manatee Nail Art

This manicure called for a lot of blending and mixing.  I used China Glaze Liquid Leather, Recycle, Concrete Catwalk, and Pelican Gray and mixed them in different varieties to get the darks and lights.  I used Immortal on all my other nails.

Manatee Nail Art

It was a bit hard to not take a lot of pictures.  I am really proud of this little guy.  I looked at pictures and just went with it.  If you can see anyway to improve on him, please let me know.  I want to do this again and hope I will get better at him.

Manatee Nail Art

Manatee Nail Art

All the other participants deserve a look at their wild nails, so don't forget to check them out!


Tootles!
Fitz

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!you should be proud of that little guy, he is adorable! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!: http://anonailmous.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved having him on my nails. :)

      Delete
  2. So cute!!! Also I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) Just a good way for us bloggers to get know one another :) http://makeupobsesseddd.blogspot.com/2012/12/oh-yayyy-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete