Background

December 1, 2012

31 Nail Art Challenge Take Two Day 1: Band

If you were to ask what is my favorite band I would not hesitate to answer, Blue October.  What can I say, I love them.  In fact I had the opportunity to meet their lead singer/songwriter Justin Furstenfeld a few years ago.  I have never considered myself a fan girl, but I could not stop smiling.  My sister went with me and she thought it was hilarious.  Me, I was just happy.  You don't know who they are?  Shame on you!  Youtube search, Calling you, Hate Me, Congratulations, and/or Dirt Room (or you can just clink on the links I gave you).  Oh and did I mention that Justin F. is ever so very attractive?  Well, he is.  So, if I am going to be inspired by a band, let be inspired by one of the most poetic and soulfully dark bands around.


I love this!  I am so proud of it.  I saw Simply Rins original design a while ago and when I was thinking what to do I immediately thought of it.  I of course used blue for the background, China Glaze Blue Bells Ring, and then I did the ombre in white to dark gray, White-on-White and Concrete Catwalk, and mixed them together for the middle hue.


My only beef with this was taking it off.  I love BBR, it is a gorgeous metallic blue!  However, it is a BEAST to take off.  It stained my nails and my fingers.  It is definitely only worth it if you wear it for a while.  Luckily I got two manicures out of this one, so it felt worth it.


My thumb all alone.


These pics were done indoors due to the buckets of rain we are getting right now, but the kitchen lighting isn't half bad.  You will be seeing it again.  I can say this, because I did a lot more designs before this one and I took photos on the kitchen.

There are a symphony of other artists that participated and you really should go have a look.


Tootles!
Fitz

12 comments:

  1. So cool! Blue bells ring looks like a gorgeous colour, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo!! Very cool!! LOVE the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the color scheme too. I was afraid they wouldn't look like they did in my head, but I am really happy with it.

      Delete
  3. Don't know the band, but love the nails :) very cool :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The band hasn't had too many breakout hits, but they are fabulous! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This looks really pretty! I'll have to have a listen to this band when I have some quiet time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad you like them. Let me know what you think of the band.

      Delete
  5. so cool!
    and yes shame on me, I hadn't heard them before, but thanks for introducing me to someone new! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the mention and I'm happy that you found inspiration from one of my designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you sharing your talents with me and others. You help me to grow and learn this wonderful skill.

      Delete