Background

December 2, 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Tree

So I joined another challenge.  I know what you are thinking, that I am crazy with the 31 one day challenge going on as well.  I couldn't help it, seeing as it is a Christmas challenge plus I have over 2/3rds of the 31 day challenge written and 4 more manicures done and waiting to be blogged and scheduled.  I think I can make it work.  I will still have to double up on weekends, but I really want to try.  So, the Christmas challenge posts will be more real time.

Something horrible happened yesterday and I ripped my thumb nail.  It wasn't a just a break.  It was painful and bled.  It still throbs today.  So last night, before I did this manicure, I filed down all my other nails, not as short as thumb, so goodbye long pretty nails.  They are still long, just definitely not as long.  I also have a band-aid on my thumb, so you will see that in the background.  I didn't even bother painting my left thumb, so the pic later on is my right.


So the theme today was Christmas trees.  I Have A Cupcake did an awesome design and tutorial a couple of days ago.  In fact this design was the reason I decided to do this challenge, because it gave me an excuse to do it.


I did my own take on it and used loose glitter stars from Artclub to top the trees.  I also just used green glitter for the actual trees, because I wanted them to sparkle.  Sad thing is I couldn't capture the gorgeous sparkle due to the icky weather we are having.



The polishes were China Glaze Red Satin, Winter Holly, and City Siren which was the background dots.


Don't forget to take a look at all the other participants.  There are a lot of gorgeous manicures!

Tootles!
Fitz

16 comments:

  1. These are so adorable!! I love the little trees! So beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! The little trees are too cute!!! I am also doing 2 challenges but they are both Christmas challenges!!! It's too much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! How do you balance doing two challenges?

      Delete
  3. These are sooooo cute! See you day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are adorable. Hope your thumb heals soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! Two days later and still smarts if it gets bumped or touched. I think it is going to be a long time before it grows back nicely. :(

      Delete
  5. These are adorable, I love how you did them slightly to the side!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you so much. I like things slightly off kilter. I think it makes life more interesting.

      Delete