Background

October 2, 2012

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge Day One


So I decided to join a nail art challenge.  I have never done one, but I couldn't resist this one.  It is all centered on Halloween.  I thought it might push me to try designing my own things more.  It is sponsered by this lovely Lacquer Dreams.



Day one is Horror Movies. I am not your typical horror movie fan.  I don't really like gore, but I do love a good ghost story.  I had a roommate introduce me to The Changeling in college and I fell in love.  I have come to learn it is not well known, so you can read up on it if you click on the picture.  I used the ball, the medal, and the mediums paper as inspiration as well as the house on fire.  I hope if you have seen the movie you get it.









I am sad help didn't completely fit on my nail.  I thought about fixing it, but I was lazy.  I used all China Glaze polishes.  I used a yellow for the base of the flames, but I put it away and don't remember which one it was.  I also used Jungle Queen, Recycle, Kalahari Kiss, Midnight Kiss, Hey Sailor,  Brownstone, and Riveting.

 I really like how my thumb turned out with the medal.


On my right hand I did flames.  These look oranger and brighter than they are.  I am not really happy with how they turned out.  I hand drew them and I think there has got to be a better way to do flames.  If anyone has any ideas I would love some advice.

Tootles!
Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment