Background

October 12, 2012

TIHNAC #4

I am not happy today!  The design looks really cute, although you can't tell from the blurry pictures!  Plus it is all cloudy and overcast, so there was no light!  Curses!  I guess I will work with what I have.  Here goes nothing.

I had some ideas, but nothing really clicked until I thought that I wished I could do a Halloween cupcake nail art (I still want to figure out how that could fit into the challenge) and then I thought that the strpied would be a good background for the face which could be the accent nails.  So, first I used Finger Paints Paper Mâchè as a base color hoping that I then wouldn't have to use as many coats of Orly Crush On You.  I still needed three coats to get to look right, but it definitely is covered.  I then used China Glaze High Hopes and  Peechy Keen for the stripes.  The faces were done with China Glaze Sunshine Pop.



See totally blury right?  I took a bunch and I these were the best.  I don't know what my deal is.  I have been rather good at taking pictures of my own nails until these past two manicures.  I wonder what I am doing wrong.



My thumb.  I really do like the silly faces.  At first I made them too complicated and realized simplicity was much better.



I hope you like them.  Go have a gander at all the other talented participants.  Inspiration is easy to find!

Tootles!

Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment